Tuesday, July 31, 2012

July Bakin' Friends!

 

I'm a member of "Bakin' Friends" - we're a group of women who love to bake!  Each month we are paired with another baker in the group and bake up something sweet for them containing a "secret ingredient."  We then send our baked goodies to our "friend of the month" for their enjoyment.  And at the end of the month, we post about the yummy treat we received from our Bakin' Friend.  July was our first pairing and the secret ingredient was BACON!  I was so excited when the package from my Bakin' Friend arrived!
I proceeded to rip it open and there I discovered a beautiful thing.  Peanut Butter Oatmeal Candied Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies!  Score!  All the things I love in a cookie and more!  Kristin Frisina, my Bakin' Friend, had nailed the secret ingredient.  Candied Bacon.  I quickly opened the packaging and proceeded to eat at least 3 cookies, probably more :)
She also included a very sweet note with the cookies. 
Mmmm . . . Bacon coated in brown sugar and quickly zapped in the microwave.  It's like candy.  Then it's cooled, chopped and added to the bowl of cookie dough love.  Sweet and salty.  What a delicious combination!
My breakfast yesterday morning:
Candied bacon, peanut butter, oats and chocolate, it's all there.  What a perfect way to start the day.  My stash is almost gone so I guess I'd better get bakin'!
Kristin, thank you so much for the yummy cookies!

If anyone would like the recipe for these delicious cookies, please email me at annescookies@ymail.com - I'll be happy to share it with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment