Wednesday, October 31, 2012

October Bakin' Friends!

October has flown by and it's time for another Bakin' Friends post!  This month I received a yummilicious package from Dawn Perkowski, my October Bakin' Friend.  The secret ingredient for October was pumpkin and I couldn't wait to see what she would be sending me.  I was actually home when her package arrived and I doubt my mail carrier has seen a happier person answer their door when receiving something in the mail!

I immediately opened the package and came upon this adorable box


PUMPKIN BUTTERSCOTCH BLONDIES!!!

But I must confess, when I took the pictures of the cute red and white polka dot box, I had already eaten a few of the bars :)  They are DELISH!!  Especially with a nice cup of hot tea.



Dawn carefully wrapped each bar individually and this time, I actually summoned my elusive self control and only ate one bar at each tea break.  I just won't say how many tea breaks I take during the day :)  She used vanilla chips in my bars but assured me they are just as good with butterscotch.  She included a very sweet note and a recipe card so I can share the recipe with my friends and family.

  They are so moist and pumpkin-y, perfect for the fall season.


I could totally see these on a Thanksgiving buffet or as a hostess gift if you are lucky enough to be a guest at someone's house on turkey day.



Dawn said she got the recipe from The Baker Chick.  Here's a link to the recipe: http://www.the-baker-chick.com/2012/10/pumpkin-butterscotch-blondies.html


I highly recommend these bars for any occasion.  They will definitely satisfy any pumpkin cravings you may have.  In fact, make a batch and keep them in your freezer.  Then you'll never have to go without!

Dawn, thank you so much for these delicious bars!


If you would like to join our group of Bakin' Friends, please go to http://www.stephsbitebybite.com/bakin-friends/ for more information. 





No comments:

Post a Comment