Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Peppermint Crunch Chocolate Chip Cookies!

I came across The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap on Facebook while attending CookieCon in Salt Lake City last month.  I made sure to save all the information so I could enter my name and blog as soon as I got home.  You see, I love to bake and I love homemade cookies so I thought what a great way to get three different kinds of delicious cookies in exchange for doing something I truly love?  A definite win-win situation!


Once I was confirmed as a cookie swap participant, I knew right away what kind of cookies I would make.  Is there anything better than homemade chocolate chip cookies???  I think not.  And I have always loved peppermint bark.  When I first started making these cookies, I would buy a tin of bark at Trader Joe's, chop it up and add it to the cookie dough.  Then I discovered Andes baking chips, put 2+2 together and have been using them ever since!


PEPPERMINT CRUNCH CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES




2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 - 12 oz. package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 - 10 oz. package Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.  

In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.  Beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy.  Slowly beat in vanilla extract, then add eggs, one at a time, until combined.  Add 1/2 of flour mixture, mixing until just combined.  Add remaining flour and mix until incorporated.  Slowly mix in chocolate chips and Andes baking chips.

Drop dough by rounded tablespoon (about 3 inches apart) onto parchment lined OR ungreased baking sheets (I used a tablespoon cookie scoop).  Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown, rotating baking sheets half way through baking time.  Cool on pans for 5 minutes then remove to wire racks and cool completely.  Makes approximately 5 dozen.  Enjoy!


I am entering this recipe for Peppermint Crunch Chocolate Chip Cookies in the Creative Holiday Recipe Contest hosted by Confessions of a Cookbook Queen and Cookies and Cups!

1 comment: